1. CONTENT PROVIDER
UBOOK B.V., Company Registration Number 60335726, based in Brouwer 1, Eersel - Eersel - The Netherlands, hereinafter referred to as the "CONTRACTOR", provides audiobook search services in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this document.
2.1 The UBOOK content is obtained by the CONTRACTOR through agreements with book publishers and their distributors, always respecting author rights.
2.2 The audiobooks on UBOOK are licensed only for home use and can be listened to online via streaming or offline via download.
2.3 Even after downloading audiobooks, the customer can only access them through the UBOOK app or website.
2.4 The CONTRACTOR reserves the right to modify the UBOOK app content, maintaining the quality and quantity if possible.
By buying a subscription, the customer is granted unlimited access to all audiobooks available while the subscription is active. If the user cancels the service before the end of the subscription period, he/she will continue to have access to the audiobooks until the end of the subscription period.
3.1 By credit card
- Users who choose payment by credit card will have unlimited access to the UBOOK audio books for one month for the price of US$ 9,90. To sign up, just access the Ubook site, click on JOIN and choose credit card subscription.
- The subscription will be renewed automatically every month, unless automatic renewal is deactivated at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- The renewal fee of US$ 9,90 for 1 month will be charged 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- The CONTRACTOR does not store the customer’s credit card information. This information is sent in encrypted form to a financial institution through a channel that is duly certified by the institution.
3.2 By mobile phone
- The mobile phone subscription option is currently available for Claro, Oi, Vivo and Tim customers in BRAZIL.
- Users who opt for payment via mobile phone will have unlimited access to UBOOK audio books for 7 days at the price of R$ 4.99 per week for Claro, Oi and Vivo customers and R$ 3.99 a week for TIM customers.
- To sign up for the weekly plan, just send an SMS with the text “UB” to 55678 and confirm your subscription.
- Claro customers who have a postpaid plan have the option of signing up for a monthly subscription. In order to continue expanding our collection and improving our service, we need to raise the subscription fee. The monthly plan now costs R$ 14.99 a month.
- To sign up for the monthly plan, just send an SMS with the word “OUVIR” to 55678 and confirm your subscription.
- The weekly subscription will be renewed automatically every week, unless the user cancels the service 7 days in advance.
- The monthly subscription will be renewed automatically every month, unless the user cancels the service 7 days in advance.
- Users can manage subscriptions and deactivate automatic renewal by accessing the user account settings after making the purchase or sending an SMS with the word “SAIR” to 55678.
New audiobooks will be made available periodically once new license agreements are signed.
5. BASIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
5.1 In accordance with local laws, you may not use the UBOOK app for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
5.2 You may not change, modify or hack into the UBOOK app or modify/create another app that falsely claims to be related to UBOOK.
5.3 You may not extract any content from UBOOK, including but not limited to video, photos and sounds.
6. SERVICE CANCELLATION
6.1 If the user is no longer interested in using the services of "UBOOK", he/she can cancel the service by going to www.ubook.com, MY ACCOUNT > SUBSCRIPTION > CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION.
6.2 Users who sign up via iTunes should cancel by following these steps on their mobile phones: click on Settings (cogwheel icon) > iTunes Store and App Store > click on Apple ID > See Apple ID > Manage Subscriptions > Ubook > Uncheck the automatic renewal option.
6.3 The service will be deactivated at the end of the period after the last payment
6.4 Cancellation orders in violation of the above-mentioned terms will not guarantee the deactivation of service or the refund of the amounts charged for the services provided during the period.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS
7.1 We reserve the right to modify or cancel the UBOOK service for no reason, without prior notice, at any time.
7.4 Although UBOOK content is usually available, the service may be offline at some point for maintenance, upgrades, emergency troubleshooting, or due to problems with communication links or equipment, which are beyond the CONTRACTOR’s control.
7.5 We reserve the right to exclude any part of the content at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
7.6 We reserve the right to have various payment plans and make content available in accordance with the contracted subscription plan.
8. Security and user support
UBOOK guarantees that it will keep personal information received as part of user and subscription registration confidential and will only use it for its intended purpose. Use in violation of the intended purpose means any action for the purpose different from that authorized by the user.
The CONTRACTOR does not store the customer’s credit card information. This information is sent in encrypted form to a financial institution through a channel that is duly certified by the institution.
In addition to guaranteeing security to users, UBOOK provides contact channels for any questions, specific technical assistance with navigation, and above all, for criticism and suggestions.
On the Internet, users can ask questions by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Limitation of liability and exclusion of guaranty and responsibility
Telephone operators are not liable for any damages and/or losses of any kind that may arise from the use of the services and/or information available through UBOOK, and especially but not limited to damages and/or losses incurred as a result of problems with the telephone network or access to various existing sites, or if the information is transferred, disseminated, stored or made available to third parties using the services provided to SUBSCRIBERS.